Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Do You Eat?

I get this question a lot!
What I don't eat is sugar, salt, fat and chemicals!
What I do eat is plants!
Unhealthy person: You expect me to live on a plate of raw vegetables?

One of the hardest parts of becoming plant-powered is learning how to cook with variety and flavor. It is a learning process but well worth it. Plant-based cooking is easier than cooking in the unhealthy traditional way and will save you a lot of money by eliminating the junk and not eating out at unhealthy restaurants.

My answer to the unhealthy person: Do you like Italian? Mexican? Indian? Chinese? (all homemade of course). How about pizza? Soups, stews, potatoes, rice, beans and corn? Do you like fruit?

When I make dinner it rarely takes me longer than 20 minutes and most of that is cooking time (like rice or potatoes) where I am doing something else like quality time with family.

Check out the growing recipes on this blog and feel free to contribute your favorite no-oil, plant-powered recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment