Wednesday, August 8, 2012
10 Tips On Becoming Plant-based
You are thinking about going plant-based, you realize the major health benefits, you've done some research but you just haven't made the commitment.
Here are some tips to get you to the next level:
1. It is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You are going to have to make changes in your life to accommodate for plant-based living.
2. It is not socially acceptable to go against the norm. Chicken BBQ, hot dogs and cheese and pepperoni pizza are socially acceptable even though these foods make us fat and sick. You need to know better.
3. Don't become the preacher for good health. Let people eat what they want. If they ask about the way you eat answer them without being insulting. You will effect more positive change in others then you realize just by being an example.
4. Some people will ridicule you. Those people that do give you a hard time about your lifestyle are usually the ones who need the most help and it is a reflection of how they feel about themselves. Don't respond to their criticism.
5. Be patient with learning how to cook and prepare plant-based meals. It is a learning process that takes time. You will discover once you learn how, that it is easier and quicker to prepare your meals. Clean up is much easier too because you don't have to clean up that artery hardening greasy fat anymore.
6. Individual whole food items are more expensive but after you cut out all the crap you normally buy you food bill will be cut in half.
7. Educate yourself on the subject of plant-based lifestyle. There are lots of great books and videos through out this blog to get you on the right track.
8. It is important to eat as many varieties or whole plant-based foods throughout your week as you can to get the synergistic effect of nutritionally dense foods for optimal health.
9. Exercise is a part of a healthy lifestyle. It does get easier to exercise after becoming plant-powered because you will naturally feel better. Also, you will be getting more nutrients to fuel your workouts and help with recovery.
10. It is important to know that it's not just what you know about healthy nutrition but how you feel about being healthy. If this is not top priority, you will most likely not be successful.
Posted by Unknown at 6:42 AM